Spring is officially upon us, and with it, a new season and all the changes this season brings. We hope you have had a chance to enjoy all that April offers, whether it’s an April Fool’s joke, Easter festivities, or Spring Break. I am personally enjoying the extra sunshine and all that is blooming. Although April weather can be a bit all over the place, cold and rainy one day to warm and sunny the next, it reminds us that summer and warm days are around the corner.
As the weather shifts, our meal routines start to shift from the heartier winter meals to lighter fare. Granola smoothie bowls are a great way to start off the day with a light but filling and nutritious breakfast.
Our Cosmopolitan carrot granola smoothie bowl is a great way to get more servings of fruits and vegetables into your routine and blends carrots with your favorite tropical fruits. Greek yogurt provides a good source of calcium, protein, and probiotics. Our handmade granola rounds out both the flavor profile and nutrition with heart-healthy fiber and protein.
Granola Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 cup of frozen tropical fruit blend (or your favorite frozen tropical fruits, pineapple, mangos, etc.)
- 4 baby carrots
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp of coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of Little Red Wagon Cosmopolitan Granola (or your favorite flavor)
- Additional toppings of your choice: shredded coconut, chia seeds, fresh fruit
Granola Smoothie Directions:
- In a blender, add your frozen fruits, carrots, yogurt, coconut milk, and orange juice.
- Blend until there are no large chunks of fruit or carrot. You may see small bits of the carrot or fruit, but that should be fine.
- Using a rubber spatula, pour/scrape the smoothie into a bowl.
- Sprinkle granola on top and top with any additional toppings of choice.