We hope this year has brought you many things to be thankful for and that you are able to celebrate Thanksgiving with family, friends, and loved ones. If there ever was an official dessert for the month of November, it would have to be pie! If you are looking for a change from your usual pumpkin, try our oaty apple pie with granola!
This recipe embraces the best of the season by using apples, which are at their peak in the fall. Whether you prefer the tartness of granny smith apples or the sweetness of gala apples, feel free to adapt the pie to your favorites. The apple granola adds a wholesome element that complements the sweetness of the apples with a hearty and nutty flavor.
Oaty Apple Pie Ingredients:
Pie filling and crust:
- 1 frozen (thawed) pie crust or home recipe of your choice
- 4lbs of apples red and green mixed (peeled, cored, and sliced or diced)
- ½ cup of brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 bag of Little Red Wagon Big Apple granola
- 3 tbsp of melted unsalted butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped topping
- Follow prep. instructions for your favorite crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl, add sliced apples, lemon juice, sugars, flour, spices, and salt. Mix until apples are evenly coated.
- Pour apple mixture into thawed pie crust and cover with foil.
- Set in the oven on a cookie sheet or pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples have cooked down.
- While the pie is baking, grab a medium-sized bowl, pour in apple granola and melted butter, and mix. Set aside.
- After 35 to 40 minutes or when the apples have cooked down, remove the pie from the oven and remove foil. Pour the granola mixture over the pie, covering all of the apple filling.
- Place the pie back into the oven uncovered and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Remove and let the pie cool before enjoying it.
- Optional: serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
Order Online for Your Apple Pie With Granola and Get Free Shipping
There is nothing more comforting than the aroma of apples and warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg filling your kitchen on a crisp autumn day. Whether you’re baking it for Thanksgiving, a cozy family dinner, or just to enjoy the season, our oaty apple pie is a must-try dessert this November! Head to Little Red Wagon’s online store to stock up on our Big Apple flavor and get free shipping to all 50 states!