The holiday season is synonymous with baking in our household. Our peppermint brownie recipe brings together familiar flavors and help usher in the holiday season. These brownies make a great treat to share with family or friends.
The end of the year offers a time of reflection for the year behind us and hopes and plans for the future. We are so happy for the opportunity to bring you our granola and look forward to sharing more with you in the year ahead. We hope this holiday season allows you to rest and spend time with family and friends. We wish you all a Happy New Year ahead!
11/2 sticks of butter (12 tablespoons) of butter at room temp.
1/1/2 cups light brown sugar
21/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (based on preference)
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup whole wheat or all-purpose flour
1 cup crushed mocha granola
- Start by creaming your room-temperature butter and sugar. Use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a handheld mixer. Beat until the butter/sugar mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in baking powder, salt, instant coffee, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, and mix until well incorporated.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave bowl. Heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat heating and stirring chocolate in 30-second intervals until chocolate is just melted.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape in melted chocolate into batter mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly add in 3 eggs in three additions separated by scraping the bowl.
- Add in cocoa powder and flour and mix until just combined.
- Lastly, add crushed granola and fold batter together using a rubber spatula.
- Grease a 9/13 pan with butter and parchment paper and bake brownies at 350 F for 25 minutes or until the edges look baked through and the center is firmly set. A toothpick should come out clean from the edges of the pan and have a few moist crumbs in the center of the pan.
- Allow the brownies to cool to room temperature.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!