One of the best parts of Christmas is the cookies. Our Cosmopolitan granola bakes up such a delicious oatmeal cranberry cookie recipe that even Santa will want a bite.
- 16 oz. bag Cosmopolitan Granola
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- In a medium bowl combine a bag of Cosmopolitan granola and 1 cup of warm milk. Toss to coat and let sit while preparing the cookie dough.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. We made our cookies with coconut sugar, but use the sugar of choice.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and baking salt; add to the sugar and butter mixture in thirds until just incorporated.
- Stir in the Cosmopolitan granola mixture and orange zest by hand. Stir in baking chips by hand.
- Cookie mixture may be sticky. Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour if you want to make them easier to work with. If you don’t want to wait, just go ahead warm the oven and bake them. They will still taste delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F until the edges are lightly browned, approximately 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Oatmeal cranberry cookie recipe yields a few dozen cookies, depending on size.