With Valentine’s Day around the corner, plan a special start to the day with this red velvet overnight oatmeal recipe. This decadent— but secretly healthy—treat is the perfect blend of creamy coconut, crunchy-chewy mocha granola, and satisfying cocoa.
Treat yourself, your honey, or your kids to this delicious treat for a hearty breakfast or dessert.
- 1 cup Mocha Granola
- 1-2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut milk (cream)
- 4 oz. condensed milk
- ½ cup cooked beets (canned or Love Beets)
- Optional toppings: fresh raspberries, whipped cream, baking chocolate
- In a blender, measure and pour ½ cup coconut milk. If you are using canned coconut milk, we recommend adding more of the cream from the top of the can which will create a more mousse-like texture.
- Add the condensed milk to the blender. This amount can be adjusted based on your preference for sweetness. If you want it sweeter, add more condensed milk. If you would like it less sweet, add in more of the coconut milk.
- Add 1 tbsp vanilla and 1 tbsp cocoa (more if you want it) into the mixture in the blender.
- Add approximately ½ cup of beets into the blender mixture. The beets will give you the beautiful red color and add nutrition that isn’t found in food coloring. If you’re worried about the taste, you can go a little lighter on the beets.
- Blend the mixture thoroughly until everything is smooth. Taste and adjust the sweetness, vanilla, and cocoa to your own preference. Re-blend as needed. Note: The beet taste is less prominent once the flavors marry.
- Add the Mocha granola into the mixture and stir (don’t blend) well to incorporate. If you like your oatmeal a little thicker, add more granola. If you like your oatmeal a little thinner, add less granola.
- Empty the overnight oat mixture into mason jars or ramekins and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish in the morning with fresh fruit such as raspberries, whipped cream, and/or shaved chocolate.
Makes approximately two 8 oz servings. Red velvet overnight oatmeal recipe scales easily for your household.