We hope the year is going well for you and you are still conquering your New Year’s resolutions. This month I am sharing one of my favorite powerhouse breakfasts—overnight chia seed and granola pudding!
Chia seeds and oats make for a power pairing. I like to mix chia seeds and Little Red Wagon granola with milk and yogurt to make a quick breakfast with serious nutrition and staying power. This simple breakfast packs in omega-3s, beta glucen, fiber, protein, antioxidants, and whole grains. Who knew you could get so much nutrition in one meal?
I like to prep this overnight to allow the chia seeds to “sprout” which in turn increases the amount of nutrients your body can absorb. If you are in a crunch, you can still whip up the ingredients in the morning in a snap. I hope this nutritious and filling breakfast starts your day on a good note and helps you conquer your day!
- 1/3 cup Granola of your favorite Little Red Wagon Granola, I like to use Crunchy Monkey, my favorite 😉
- 1 tablespoon whole chia seeds
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- Add Greek yogurt, almond milk, sweetener to taste, and chia seeds into a medium Tupperware container and stir to combine.
- If you like a more oatmeal consistency go ahead and add in the granola and stir lightly to mix it in. If you prefer to have a bit of crunch in the pudding, add the granola in the morning before serving rather than at night.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning pull the pudding from the refrigerator. Stir the pudding and transfer into a bowl as desired. If you didn’t add the granola in step 2, add now.
- Top with fresh fruit and enjoy!
** If the pudding is too thick for your liking, feel free to add more milk