What a crazy year 2022 has been so far! We hope you have fared well through the Ides of March. When you are looking for a quick treat, check out our Coconut mocha granola macaroons recipe. They are a quick and delicious treat for a busy weekend! The mocha granola adds a refreshing twist to the traditional macaroon flavor. This recipe uses an egg white base and unsweetened coconut flakes which lightens up the recipe so you don’t need to have guilt over enjoying dessert 😊.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/3 cup of white sugar or sugar alternative
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup Mocha granola with any clusters broken up
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons canola or coconut oil
1. Separate the whites from the yolk. Save the yoke for another recipe.
2. Whip egg whites, sugar, and coffee until well incorporated and stiff peaks form. It should take approximately 5 minutes in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
2. Gently fold in the granola and coconut flakes.
3. Scoop onto a parchment-lined tray with either a 1 tbsp scoop or 1/8 cup scoop depending on how big you want your cookies. Bake at 325°F for about 12 minutes until edges turn golden for smaller cookies and about 15 minutes for the larger cookies. Do not overbake as macaroons should be crispy on the outside, but chewy on the inside.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, add semi-sweet chocolate chips and oil. Microwave in 20-second intervals and stir with a spatula and return to the microwave until mostly melted. Once the chocolate chips are close to fully melted, remove them from the microwave and mix until the mixture is fully incorporated. Do not over microwave or chocolate will thicken.
5. Drizzle chocolate on macaroons with a fork or piping bag.
6. Serve when cookies and drizzle are cool.