Spring is officially upon us. And with it comes a new season and all the change this season brings. We hope you are enjoying the extra sunshine and all that is blooming. We can’t think of the Easter bunny without thinking about carrots. Our carrot granola crumble takes a new spin on a traditional dessert. We think the Easter bunny would approve and hope you do too 😊.
4 oz butter
1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp clove
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
8 oz sour cream
1 cups all purpose flour
1 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped original granola
2 oz butter
½ cup brown or coconut sugar
1/4 cup flour
¼ cup Original Granola
½ tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/8 cup heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line 12 count muffin pan with liners
2. Prepare batter by creaming butter, sugars, spices, baking soda and salt in a standing mixer or with a hand mixer.
3. Add eggs slowly and scrape down the bowl.
4. Add sour cream slowly and scrape again.
5. Add flour roll and mix until just combined.
6. Add raisins, chopped granola, and carrots and mix until just combined.
7. Scoop batter into lined muffin pan.
8. In a separate bowl combine streusel ingredients and combine by hand or with a pastry blender or fork until crumble forms.
9. Top cupcakes with crumble.
10. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. In a small bowl combine glaze ingredients and mix until well incorporated with a spoon or fork.
12. When cupcakes have lightly cooled take a spoon or fork and drizzle glaze on cupcakes.