We hope September has brought you cooler weather and you are getting to enjoy the beauty of fall! I love to spend more time baking as the weather starts to cool down. Banana bread is a favorite in our house, and our cinnamon swirl banana bread recipe will fill your home with wonderful cinnamon and maple aromas. Try it on a beautiful fall day!
Banana Bread Batter
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup Crunchy Monkey granola
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
yield: 1 9×5 loaf pan or 14 mini loaves.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter.
- Once melted add sugar, cinnamon, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, and mix until combined.
- Add in ripe bananas, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and eggs.
- Mash bananas into wet mixture and mix until well combined. Use a hand mixer if needed.
- Add in the flour and mix only until a batter forms.
- Add in granola last as a garnish. Use your hands to break up bigger chunks as needed.
- Spray your loaf pan with canola oil or use melted butter.
- Add your batter halfway up the pan and then swirl in the cinnamon swirl mixture with a toothpick or plastic straw to ensure every bite in the center will get some.
- Add in the rest of your batter and swirl the top with more cinnamon swirl batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes in a standard 9×5 loaf pan. For mini loaves or mini muffins, bake for 10-15 minutes. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean in the center of the loaf.
Enjoy a slice of your cinnamon swirl banana bread with homemade whip cream on top and a warm drink of choice!